PM5D.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM5D in a recording Studio

2 posters

Go down

PM5D in a recording Studio Empty PM5D in a recording Studio

Post  unger Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:12 am

Shocked Wink
Well guys, Everything is okay ?
Well, i have an opportunity to buy a PM5D V2 , here im Brazil, and i already have a Tascam MX2424, with 24 channel analog board.
I am work with Sound Designing for films, and obvious i do not need a console large than PM5D. Nowadays i´ve been using a small behringer console to record my foleys , and sound files for films i´ve been working.
But , since i have a larger studio by now , I want to record entire bands. So i want to get this opportunity to buy this PM5D V2 was offered to me .
IS , PM5d a good choice for a recording studio? Can i connect my MX2424 directly on PM5d ? For using in recording environment, i have to make mods in PM5D , or this mixer is usable in this role ?
Good ideas will help me out !!
Best regards,
Leon.

Last edited by unger on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistyping errors - More information entered.)

unger

Back to top Go down

PM5D in a recording Studio Empty Re: PM5D in a recording Studio

Post  Malcolm Boyce Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 pm

The PM5D would mate especially well with your Tascam recorder if you had the proper matching TDIF or Lightpipe cards installed in both the 5D and the MX2424. Also, you can make use of a variety of sync options between the two devices.

That being said, the PM5D would be a lot of console for one MX2424, but if the price is right, go for it.
Malcolm Boyce
Malcolm Boyce

http://www.middleaudio.com/

Back to top Go down