PM5D.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studio manager on linux using Wine

Go down

Studio manager on linux using Wine Empty Studio manager on linux using Wine

Post  pilmusic Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm using studio manager on linux using Wine and it works great thought I've only been using it in off-line mode so far. It has fully detected my MIDI to USB adapter witch is an EDIROL UM-1SX WITHOUT the MIDI2USB YAMAHA driver. I'll be using it live next month on my linux laptop with an extra monitor. There should be no problem exporting StudioManager X output thru ssh using the export flag -X.
So the setup should be:
PM5D <---Edirol---> Wired Laptop <---RJ45---> Wireless router <---WPA2---> Wireless laptop

Code:

user@WirelessLaptop:~$ ssh -X [LaptopWiredToThePM5DIP]
password: #password, rsa key or however your setup is.
user@LaptopWiredToThePM5D:~$  wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Yamaha/Studio\ Manager/SM2.exe

pilmusic

Back to top Go down

Studio manager on linux using Wine Empty Re: Studio manager on linux using Wine

Post  pilmusic Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 pm

I got mislead by the "MIDI to USB" interface... Basically all you need is a USB cable to connect the PM5D directly to your computer.

So I've been using the PM5D with Studio-manager in Linux Through Wine for 7 days straight. I did have some stability issues but not critical.

Here is my how-to:
Material needed:
- PM5D
- USB cable (TypeA <-to-> TypeB connector)
- Linux machine
Software needed
- download and install wine
- download and install Yamaha stuff (You'll need Studio-manager, pm5dv2, MIDI to USB driver)
Preprod
- Create/open/edit/save your shows/scenes/names/DCAs/Lowcut..... off-line in Studio-manager
Connecting to the PM5D
-Plug and boot your gear (PM5D + Computer)
-In the PM5Ds "DISPLAY ACCESS" press the "MIDI/REMOTE" button. In the bottom right of the first tab select PORT:USB:1 and ID:1.
-In the Studio-managers setup, you should have the PM5DV2 in your current Workspace.
-In the Studio-managers setup, you should have check marks in the two first PM5D (out&in) in the MIDI Settings tab.
-Start the PM5D Workspace. (You should see the first 24 inputs of the board (Still off-line)
-Click on "File" then "System Setup" and adjust your input and output port accordingly. Then click "OK"
-To sync your PC to the board: Click "Synchronization" then "Re-Synchronize..." and answer the PC->Board or Board->PC questions accordingly.

Voilą

pilmusic

Back to top Go down